I always thought it was too expensive for me and that I don’t need it as part of my basic necessities until I was hopeless.
April 2017 was when Satan had a slumber party on my face and all hell broke loose leaving my face with a bunch of pimples, bumps and now—blemishes. As a teenager, I never had acne problems so when it started sprouting when I just turned 26, I felt terrible.
I was told to go give Korean skincare a try but like I said, it was too expensive for my liking. I am very stingy and I don’t spend money on stuff I don’t *need* until I actually realized that I NEED it all along. I went across Kat’s blogs about Korean skincare and knowing Kat, she’s one of my no-bullshit blogging friends. She speaks honestly about everything and I like it about her. Okay so going back, when I read her reviews, I knew that I need to get my hands on those items because I feel like my skin needs that hahahahaha.
My skin, particularly my face is very sensitive. As in tipong feeling mayaman tong skin ko hindi bagay. You know the Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel everyone is so crazy about? My skin broke out when I used it. It gave me bumps, acne and allergies. Huhuhu. So yeah, it was so hard for me to try out different products for my face because it’s either going to give me allergic reactions, bumps or break me out so bad. I was so scared!
It took me about a month or more to finally order all the stuff I need. Mind you, I skimmed through a lot of products and just checked off those that I actually need! Ang kuripot ko talaga I swear!
I also thought that these products would save me a trip to my dermatologist so I gave it a go. Finally. HAH! (although visiting the derma is really important, so ‘wag akong tularan)
While still waiting for my Althea Korea package to arrive (hopefully it arrives next week! It’s been so long lels) here are the products that I have been using since the last week of October until now and I just have no other words but AMAZING. Let’s start off with a quick review, my first impressions I must say because I haven’t been using it for a long time so might as well write an in depth review some other time.
- CosRX LowPH Good Morning Gel Cleanser – this serves as my facial cleanser/wash. It’s so gentle ano ba naman!!! I think it smells of tea tree, I have no issues with smells talaga but I think people notice the “odd” smell on this but I like it. This leaves my skin soft and fresh. No tightness whatsoever. I use it in the morning and at night.
- Witch Hazel – I got this from Healthy Options. It’s soothing and it’s very gentle on the skin. This is not a part of Korean skincare but whatever. I like it.
- CosRX One Step Pimple Clear Pads – there are 70 pre-soaked pads and it smells of essential oils to be honest but I haven’t given myself enough time to check the ingredients so wag kayo magalit sakin hah. I cut the pads in half (para makatipid because this is so expensive for 70 pads ah) It cleanses my face and is very gentle. I feel like it really helps clear off the blemishes and as I am writing this, I have a big zit on my right cheek mainly because I am expecting my period but this pad kinda tamed down my angry zit so it’s a bit smaller than it was. I like this pads soooo much!
- CosRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid – I didn’t know something like this existed until I read kat’s blog. It’s a sort of chemical to help remove blackheads while making the pores smaller? At least that’s what I feel it’s doing haha. It works like a nose strip but it’s not. I hope you understand. Huhu hahaha
- CosRX Oil-Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion – a lot of moisturizers break me out so bad but this one hasn’t so I like it. It’s light weight but not as light weight as I wanted it to be pero keri lang. It gets absorbed by my skin easily din!
- CosRX Advanced 92 Snail All in One Cream – I don’t really know what it’s for but I’ve heard a lot of good things about snail products. Since I have been using this every night, I noticed that most of my blemishes are gone! I’m not entirely sure if it’s this product that’s doing that but whatever.
- Skinfood Rice Mask Wash Off – I use this about twice or once a week to exfoliate my skin. You’ll leave it on your face for about 10 to 15 minutes then wash it off. After tht, ang ganda mo pramis. I mean my face is super soft and then parang pwet ng baby feels talaga huhuhu. I don’t know if it helped remove my blemishes but since it removes dead skin cells, maybe it did help remove my blemishes after all!
- Klair’s Mid-day Blue Sun Lotion – I was looking for a sunscreen and came across this one in a vlog. I was so convinced I’d like this one and then I saw it on Kat’s blog again so I bought it. I didn’t like it because I LOVED IT OH MY GOD AS IN WHAT THE F! This works sooo good on my skin!!! It has a dewy glowy finish (which I don’t like cause hindi bagay sakin) but topping it off with powder is enough and ang ganda niya!
Everything in here is not clogging my pores and have not caused my skin to break the fuck out so I love love love love everything so far!
In the picture, I have the Innisfree Blur Pact. I haven’t used it yet but Kat likes it so maybe I’ll like it too. HAH!
I’m still waiting for a bunch of innisfree products so until my next quick “review”!
I was going to link Kat’s blog posts sana whenever I mention a product she did a review on but I was too lazy to do so, so here’s the link and find the reviews for yourselves, it’s amazing! You’ll love her! Kat’s Blog!