I can’t believe I’m talking about this because I am the last person I can think of that would “deadma” something especially if it would trigger so many feelings.
With everything that happened to me, I have learned how to control my emotions, to choose my battles, to know how I should react especially in stressful scenarios. It wasn’t easy but the moment I was able to get the hang of it, then all is well. Hence I have learned the art of deadma.
After the holidays, my boss gave everyone in our team his Christmas gift. Everyone had their gifts on top of their tables except me. Yup! You got that right, he didn’t bother giving me a gift. He left me out.
Had it happened a year ago, I would’ve bawled my eyes out. It would have hurt me so bad that I would overthink every single detail. I would make assumptions as to why he would have left me out! But now, I don’t care as much as I always did.
Whether his intentions would be to hurt me, to make me feel bothered or not, I don’t care. I wouldn’t give him the slightest satisfaction of seeing me hurt or affected and the good part is I am not even pretending to be unaffected!
Because last night, I was just thanking God for all the blessings he gave me. He answered my prayers especially when I asked him to grant me healing. I feel so blessed just by thinking about my family, friends and loved ones and that is enough to make me feel happy. I don’t need gifts in fancy wrapping papers, I don’t need fake love. I got what I need and that’s enough.
So the art of deadma works well especially when you feel satisfied, happy and blessed beyond belief. Whoo!
I always miss the point of living in the NOW only to be reminded by several things, events and most especially, God to stop overthinking what will be.
I worry so much about tomorrow that I miss the point of today. Don’t be like me.
Stop worrying about the future because it’s always uncertain. How sure are we that the future we’re thinking about will exist if we die tomorrow? Or what if we die today and instead of living in the moment, we kept thinking about what will happen next week?
So stop it. Whatever it is you’re worrying about, forget it. We can always and only hope for so much, for things to be better and convenient but it’s a waste of time to think about it to the point that you’re wasting away your days.
Last last week I think, was the week I kept crying. Every day, I worry about my finances. My family’s needs, my needs, travel funds and all that crap. As in naiiyak ako point blank just thinking about it and Kyx would comfort me, he would assure me that I don’t need to worry because he’s there with me et cetera, et cetera. Aside from I can actually rely on Kyx in times of needs, ang tagal pa ng iniisip ko! It’s not even here yet, it’s not even about to happen. It’s all in my head and I keep stressing myself about it. Ano ba yan?
So ayan. If I were you, wag akong tularan.
Also, hindi pa rin pumapasok 13th month pay naming bwakananginaaaaaangshet. Animal.
Can I just say that Ari’s Thank U, Next is how I want to close 2018? Hah! It’s very timely.
Anyway, I am writing this on the 1st day of the last month of 2018 and I can’t help but feel actually happy that this year is almost over. It wasn’t the best but thankfully, it wasn’t that bad either! So here’s stuff I want to share with you:
- It has been a year of healing for me. I’ve spent so many days learning to let go, embracing my journey to moving on from the pain. No matter how slow my progress has been, this year made me really go for it, yaknowamseyn?
- This year is when Kyx and I finally moved on to a different stage of our relationship. We veered off from our pettiness without even noticing it so I’m all for it! I loved it!
- There has been so many heartaches I faced this year but what’s good to point out is that it wasn’t about anything from the past. They’re mere heartaches of the present and there’s something about it that makes me feel stronger? Like at least I am dealing with present things right?
- I’ve finally learned how to love myself. I mean we all have the notion of loving ourselves but not really knowing how to do it and how it works. This year taught me that and made me realize how I should take care of myself.
- No more forced interactions just so I could be called “nice” or “polite” and that means a fuck ton for me. I love just being true to myself now more than ever.
- I’ve prepared myself for what’s in store for me in 2019. I mean I know 2019 would be a lot tougher compared to 2018 but I’d like to say that I’m stronger so it’s going to be fine won’t it?
- I’m actually excited for the days to come. My doors are open, I’m ready for more growth, for more opportunities!
2018, you were really awesome. I mean you didn’t mean for life to be this dumb for me but I had a good time. I’ve had loads of memories both good and bad, not to mention all the stuff I’ve learned! I’m sorry I want this year to be over but you’re unforgettable anyway *wink wink*
Ang dami kong sinulat about ditto pero ang daming palabok kaya ulitin ko nalang. Straight to the point nalang.
Don’t get me wrong, nireremind ko din yung sarili ko nito kasi minsan kailangan natin iremind ang mga sarili natin lalo na kapag ang dami na nating hanash sa buhay at parang nakakaapekto na tayo ng ibang tao. So eto na:
In this life, hindi laging ikaw ang magaling. Hindi pwedeng laging ikaw ang bida. Hindi porket magaling ka, ikaw nalang ang laging magaling at tama to the point na hindi ka na nakikinig sa suggestions ng ibang tao. You close your mind sa mga ideas ng ibang tao kasi tingin mo ikaw lang yung laging tama. You won’t go that far kung ganyan ang mindset mo. When you try to control every single thing, bukod sa hindi ka na pleasant kasama at kausap, nakakainis pa na ang tingin mo sa ibang tao ay walang utak at hindi nagiisip. So again, sana isipin natin na ang lawak ng mundo, ang daming matututunan, ang daming taong may alam pa ng mga ibang bagay bukod sa iyo so be open for learning, welcome the opportunities for growth.
Wag tayong bida bida lagi.
There are days when you simply don’t feel good enough about yourself that it takes extra effort to like how you look and this is one of those days. I ate insecurities for breakfast today so I don’t know what’s up. I can’t blame my hormones again or the planets, it’s just plain insecurities creeping in when you least expect it.
I knew it was a bad idea to check someone’s profile but I still did because I’m an idiot. So I saw this beautiful photo and though I know it’s heavily made up (as in gawang make-up artist talaga, mukang wedding stuff levels ganern) plus the fact that I know how that person truly looks like under the make-up, I still felt ugly. (hoy althea, bakit insecure ka masyado???? Oa mo)
I felt like I wasn’t pretty enough. That I am not beautiful and I look like shit. And though I know it’s not 100% true (the fact that I look like shit cause we all know I don’t really HAHAHAHAH) why did I feel shitty?
I don’t know. So here’s something we can all agree on when insecurities are served for breakfast, lunch and supper.
Things To Remember:
- Do not go checking someone’s profile or look at someone’s photo when you know you’ll end up regretting it. (wag kang pacheck check kung mapapangitan ka sa sarili mo after mo makita ang “after” photo from the make-up artist)
- People do not post unflattering photos of them most of the time. (so anong problema mo diba? Alam naman natin pare-pareho na kung ano ang maganda, yun ang ipopost)
- Stop eating insecurities any time of the day. It will not do you any good. (ang daming food choices for breakfast like self-love, acceptance, care and understanding, bakit insecurities ang napili mo today?)
- We are all created different and equal. Stop looking at Brenda’s and Susan’s. At the end of the day, everyone is beautiful and ugly all at the same time. I mean everyone feels the same thing and they just don’t say it. (quits lang gurl)
- The surface do not matter as much as what’s on the inside. Your soul should always be the more beautiful one than your face.
There’s just so much resentment upon realizations that I can’t even bring myself to write about it. I am attempting to do so but it just doesn’t feel right.
I wanted to write about a lot of people who have been a part of the past now like my ex best friend but words seem to sound sadder than I actually feel? I mean I’m not sad about it. In fact, I feel that I have given myself the closure I wanted others to give me and it felt really nice. I just don’t want this to sound like another sob story but then I will keep thinking about it so let’s just give it a go.
Ang dami ko pang sinabi dun din naman pala mapupunta haha.
- To my ex best friends. If I think about who is to blame in all the chaos we went through, I can’t think of someone hahaha. Maybe because I have accepted the fact that partly, I was to blame for it, had I not been the maldita person that I was, then we wouldn’t have been entangled to this in the first place. But have you? Have you also realized what I realized? That maybe it was also partly your fault? Hahaha. I just want to say that I needed to acknowledge and verbalize what you did that hurt me in the middle of all these so I can fully forgive. I forgive you for turning your back on me and giving up on the friendship. I forgive you for not even trying to listen to what I had to say. I forgive you for being so unforgiving in those trying times. I forgive you for basically thinking that parting ways was the most ideal thing to do but that destroyed me so fucking much and I want you to know that. But I forgive you both for everything because I know that what you did to me was wrong and that you hurt me and I didn’t deserve that. My pity party was over as soon as I realized that I wouldn’t have hurt someone I love the way you guys did but that’s okay because now, I know that I didn’t deserve that kind of treatment so I tried to forgive you. It took me a year and a half to do so but I forgive you now. I am praying that one day, you also realize the pain you caused me and though I am not going to want you to ask for forgiveness, the mere realization of it is enough.
- To this person who I recently did the INFJ door slam, what you asked me with that accusatory tone—don’t deny that it was filled with malice *eyes rolling* offended me. It was a bit too low of you to do that and though I know you probably didn’t mean it the way you did 5 minutes after saying it, I already took it to heart and all the millions of second chances I gave you so graciously has been thrown out of the window in a split second and boy I am not even sorry. You are always unappreciative of people’s effort in reaching out to you but that’s not my problem anymore. I’m just saying. And for you to think that I would tell a soul about what you said is an insult. You have insulted me in so many ways and the sad part is you don’t even know it. You always tell people you’re sensitive but truly sensitive people also know if they have crossed a line one way or another. You failed to even feel bad for what you did so how is that even sensitive? You are not worthy of my time and energy and even the friendship I was willing to give so goodbye.
Okay, now I’m done and I cannot wait to be able to celebrate my mother’s birthday! Woop!
We tend to try and overhaul our life, change everything that we are after every shit we go through. It’s okay until it’s not.
That’s what I did for the last two years. It was definitely a struggle! I didn’t know where to start, I felt stuck. I didn’t know what to do, what steps I needed to take. I just kept praying and praying and crying and praying and crying day after the other. Sometimes, I get better days. Sometimes, the world falls apart and everything seems so unfair again. That’s the cycle I’ve gone through and I never thought I’d finally get over it. Fuck. Took me long enough huh?
I realized that trying to change myself for the better is not the way to go. It wasn’t working well enough for me. Ang hirap, Hindi nakakatuwa.
Then a light bulb moment happened. I needed to dig deeper, I need to go back to who I truly were back then, before all the shit happened. I needed to go back to who I was. Crap changed me so much already and I lost myself in the process. But I guess, that’s human nature ya know. All the shit we go through leaves a mark and kind of chips off our true selves.
So that’s what I did. It took me a while to find my old self but there she was just waiting for me to come get her hahaha. Ang saya!
Mga pakyu silang lahat. Joke!