You may be dealing with a loss, grieving for some kind of tragic experience. You may be facing a death of a loved one, a break up, friendship break up, falling out in a relationship, family arguments, hurtful stuff and the list goes on but during these experiences are when the soils of your life is watered for growth.
Tough times can be extremely draining mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually but these are also the times when you are being nurtured as a person and here’s how you will heal:
- Take one step at a time – no healing process is every as quick and easy. It doesn’t happen overnight, so in order to be able to heal properly, you have to take it one day at a time. Little by little until it’s not a struggle anymore.
- Recognize all the emotions you’re feeling – you may probably feel the pain, anger, resentment, loneliness, sadness etc. and embrace those feelings without feeling guilty. Welcome these emotions, feel what you need to feel.
- Acknowledge hurt and pain – instead of shoving hurt and pain at the backdoor of your mind, allow yourself to feel it. Acknowledge the fact that right now, you are feeling hurt and pain but know that it wouldn’t stay for long.
- Survive day by day – It could be a day by day struggle but do not lose hope! Face it and survive it no matter how weak or strong you may feel, do it for yourself.
- Cry when you need to – crying may cost you time and energy but if you don’t know what to feel anymore and you feel like you need to cry, then cry your damn heart as hard as you could. Crying unburdens you from the heavy load you’re carrying emotionally. It helps.
- Appreciate yourself – in tough times, you will doubt yourself more than ever. You’d blame yourself for everything. Avoid doing that by appreciating yourself more. Think of all the good things you did.
- Appreciate others – of course, there will be people who will be by your side no matter what. Appreciate them, don’t resent them or push you away. Think of them as gems and precious treasure.
- Carry on with your life – after a fall, that’s when you need to be stronger. So after every failure, stand up and carry on with your life. Remember, life goes on and that’s what you need to do—go on with your life.