This post is about bodily functions, menstruation, vagina and whatnot. So if you get uncomfortable towards topics like this, you may stop reading now. You’ve been warned!
Oh so, you’re still reading. Okay. Then let’s move forward!
What is a menstrual cup?
- A menstrual cup is basically a silicone thingy shaped as a funnel (at least from my perspective lol). It’s made from of course, medical grade and heavy duty silicone.
- There are varieties of menstrual cups: Sinaya Cups, Luna Cups, Moon Cups, Diva Cups. I don’t know if it can be bought at a physical store but from what I have read, people order it online.
Ever since I’ve read about it, I was tempted to get one for myself. I’ve been stalling, I know. I’ve read Saab talk about it from like months ago and since then, I keep reading blogs about it. Apparently, everyone thinking about the switch are scared of basically the same stuff like:
- Not being able to put it inside properly.
- The mortifying thought of it getting stuck inside your vag.
- Having to deal with unnecessary leaks!
- The terror of taking it off and spilling everything all over yourself and the bathroom.
- The crazy thought of putting a silicone thing inside you!
Okay so here’s why I am actually leaning towards getting a menstrual cup.
- I always want to help Mother Nature the best I can so getting a menstrual cup is more eco-friendly than using pads and tampons.
- Aside from that, it’s also cost effective. Menstrual cups can be used for about 5 years (I think) and imagine not buying pads or tampons for 5 years?! How much money would you be saving right?
- According to the articles I’ve read, it’s easier to do stuff when you use menstrual cups. Like you’d feel ‘normal’, you can swim, surf and all that even if you have your period!
So what are your thoughts on this? I’m actually like 80% leaning towards getting it.