Recently, I found out that I have a personality type called INFJ. According to research and what was written everywhere about the INFJs is that—INFJs are the rarest personality types. I read a lot about it and followed INFJ blogs to learn more about myself and every time I read something that rings true to me, I feel like I love myself even more than I ever did! It’s a great feeling to finally understand yourself ya know? It’s like everything seems to be falling into place slowly but surely.
Now, a little randomness is something I wouldn’t get over with so I want to tell you guys that I had a haircut HAHAHA. My hair is not shoulder length and it had been way too long since I had a shorter hair, I usually have long hair and now this change is cool and I’m liking it so far!
Okay, so going back. I thought I was just battling with OCD + Anxiety but then, I am an INFJ so I figured maybe I am not at all a severely anxious person when it comes to socializing but I am just me—an INFJ!
This explains why:
- After socializing with my lifelong friends, I need a month or so to recharge! I need to be alone for a while; I need to withdraw because I don’t have a lot of energy anymore to deal with socializing.
- I love alone time. I love just being quiet with my own thoughts (my thoughts are never quiet but still) I find solace in my lonesome. I prefer to (most of the time) talk over the internet, talk through email, text, chat but not ON THE PHONE.
- I like planning things out because I get really anxious when plans change last minute. I feel like I need time to settle and come through with the new plan, sit down, relax before grasping that it is okay, it’s going to be okay.
- I take time to gather my thoughts not because my brain processes info slowly but because I tend to make sure I don’t say anything offending.
- I am very SENSITIVE. I don’t talk much but I get so sensitive, I feel bad that’s why I need to withdraw to society just so I could protect my feelings, my emotions.
- Though I am close to several talkative people, it sorts of exhausts me to be surrounded by A LOT OF TALKATIVE PEOPLE. I can be talkative sometimes but those are rare moments of my life.
- Reading, painting and writing are the best activities to keep me really happy and fulfilled.
- It’s not like I’m a total anti-social. I just really get tired dealing with everyone all at the same time.
- I like conversations, I can keep it going on and on but for selected people only. I am not good with small talk, I’m terrified of it to be honest.
- I am really friendly but it takes so much time. I don’t start with a conversation when I’m interested but I sort of test the waters first.
Right now, I am reading a lot about experiences of fellow INFJs and their blogs. This is so cool. I finally know where I actually belong!